Bath, United Kingdom - Instead of recommending movies by matching cast or crew the latest release of Renniksoft's Movie Genius iPhone app actually compares the plots and themes of films to make suggestions that match in subject matter and style. Movie Genius 2.3 is available to download free from the iTunes App Store and provides recommendations for comedy movies. Further film genres are enabled via in-app purchase.
For movies starring a particular actor Movie Genius doesn't lazily recommend all the films they've ever starred in. Instead, the app makes suggestions based on what the movie is actually about. This gives more realistic recommendations than conventional methods and helps users to discover thousands of new movies they don't even know exist.
Backed by a database containing tens of thousands of films and powered by unique movie matching software, Movie Genius has been described as "one of the hottest new apps on the iPhone" by Top iPhone App Reviews and as "a very cool app indeed" by The Daily App Show. "Movie Genius was created to provide the type of movie recommendations you'd normally only get from friends or family." said Clive Skinner, founder of Renniksoft. "We continue to be surprised at just how interesting and original the recommendations from the app prove to be." Users of the app obviously agree, with one describing it as "relevant, accurate and not always obvious".
Movie Genius also allows:
* Sharing of recommended movies via social media sites
* Renting or buying of films throught iTunes
* Viewing of YouTube trailers and clips
Film overviews, cast lists, photos, biographies, filmographies, ratings and votes add to the extensive information provided by the app. As well as obvious recommendations this unique movie matching approach can also lead to some quirky, but fun, suggestions. For instance Movie Genius knows that:
* Both the 'Terminator' and 'Indiana Jones' favour wearing leather jackets
* 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' and 'Ice Age' both have squirrels in them
* 'Austin Powers' and 'Marty McFly' both time travel
* 'Last of the Mohicans' and 'Being John Malkovich' both have themes of secret love
* 'Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome' and 'Life of Brian' both have arena scenes
* Romance and Hawaii are themes in both 'Pearl Harbor' and 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall'
* Inventors are common to 'Robots' and 'Back to the Future'
* 'Star Wars Episode 1' and 'Terminator 2' both revolve around Mother/Son relationships
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 8.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Movie Genius 2.3 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category. Further film genres are enabled via in-app purchase.
Renniksoft is based in the historic city of Bath in the United Kingdom and was founded in 2011 to develop innovative and original apps exclusively for the Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. Copyright (C) 2012 Renniksoft.
Movie Reviews and News